Data engineer – TLV
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to join our team and help empower fellow data engineers. We are looking for someone who wants to change the future of data engineering and influence how other data engineers will experience Databand’s platform. As a data engineer in Databand, you will be part of our R&D team, act as an on-site client for our platform team, and build pipelines using the latest technologies available on market. You’ll be expected to get your hands dirty in all the technologies available from open source python frameworks & orchestrators like airflow to enterprise-level Spark, Hadoop clusters and many more cloud and DB services.
- Build complex pipelines aimed to process large data sets using a variety of orchestration tools (such as Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban) with Python, Java and Spark.
- Integrate with endless data cloud services on AWS, GCP and Azure. Load and extract data from a variety of data sources such as S3, Snowflake, Redshift.
- Oversee the design, building, and launching of new data science models and data pipelines in production.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in order to understand their data engineering needs, implement it in your pipeline, and convey it to the engineering teams.
- Own Databand’s internal pipelines, demo environments, and staging environments pipelines and data quality.
- High engineering skills – ability to integrate with multiple complex systems and make them work together.
- 3+ years of experience in data oriented role of working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, Elastichsearch, Presto.
- 1+ years of experience in writing ETLs in OOP languages such as Python or Java.
- Good knowledge in at least one orchestration platform such as Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban, Oozie, or other.
- Getting things done – solve problems in a creative way with a startup mentality to empower fellow engineers.
- Advantage: Knowledge with Spark.
- Advantage: Mastering SQL including complex queries.
- Advantage: Knowledge of container orchestration tools Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud platforms.
Databand’s mission is to empower companies to create trusted, reliable data. We do this by helping organizations gain total visibility over their Data Operations (DataOps) with a monitoring solution specialized for data infrastructure. Through instant integrations, Databand collects, organizes, and presents users information about their pipelines so that it’s easy to proactively find errors and zero-in on the cause. We’re saving organizations countless hours in troubleshooting time and helping our clients, including startups and enterprises, earn millions from more effective data products. Databand is venture-backed and has a strong customer base.