Data Solution Architect – US
The ideal candidate is someone from a data engineering background who is entrepreneurial and aims to become more market facing. The DSA supports sales productivity by collaborating with founders, sales people, customer support, engineering, and product to maximize revenue potential. The DSA has balanced experience between big data technical skills and business acumen.
At Databand we work with highly complex data engineering systems and our customers constantly challenge us with new and interesting requirements. As the complexity grows for both us and our customers, we are looking to our DSA’s to fully understand the architecture that powers our product and how it can be implemented and enhanced. Our customers are highly technical, so it is expected that every DSA become an expert in a variety of tools including Spark, Kubernetes, and Airflow.
– The DSA will drive adoption of Databand and uncover demand for the product among our target user base
– The DSA will develop best practices around using Databand to address our clients needs
– The DSA will also ensure technical proposals and solutions accurately address customer requirements
– The DSA will be responsible for supporting the technical sales cycles, that typically involves product demos and examples of databand in action
– They will need to work closely with engineering and founders and maintain high customer satisfaction and drive expansion opportunities
– Passion and enthusiasm for helping customers improve their DataOps practices
– Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work across internal and external organizations
– Taking ownership of the technical sales cycle and ability to work large accounts
– Collaborating with sales and engineers to develop and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
– Solutioning and architecting the customers vision using Databand’s platform
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
– 3+ years in technical software presales, design architecture and/or implementation experience
– Intermediate/advanced knowledge in the areas of big data, data engineering, distributed systems (Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes)
– Great communication skills, capable of describing the value of complex technical concepts
– Experience with Python is a must, experience with Java is a plus
– Experience with cloud systems like AWS, GCP, Azure
– Experience with production data systems (big data/ML) is a plus
Databand’s mission is to empower companies to create trusted, reliable data. We do this by helping organizations gain total visibility over their Data Operations (DataOps) with a monitoring solution specialized for data infrastructure. Through instant integrations, Databand collects, organizes, and presents users information about their pipelines so that it’s easy to proactively find errors and zero-in on the cause. We’re saving organizations countless hours in troubleshooting time and helping our clients, including startups and enterprises, earn millions from more effective data products. Databand is venture-backed and has a strong customer base.