The Lead Solution Architect (SA) supports sales productivity on our client accounts by collaborating with founders, sales, customer support, engineering, and product to maximize revenue potential. The expectation for this role is that the SA will have balanced competencies as a big data professional, and business acumen to help the founders and GTM professionals manage complex sales cycles.
The SA will drive adoption of Databand and uncover demand for the product. The SA will also ensure technical proposals and solutions accurately address customer requirements that are supported by key stakeholders and economic buyers. The SA will be responsible for the account’s technical sales cycles that typically include multiple opportunities within an account and coordinate internal technical resources. They will need to work closely with engineering and founders and maintain high customer satisfaction and drive expansion opportunities.
At Databand we work with highly complex data engineering systems and our customers constantly challenge us with new and interesting requirements. As the complexity grows for both us and our customers, we are looking to our SA’s to fully understand the architecture that powers our product and how it can be implemented and enhanced. Our customers are highly technical, so it is expected that every SA become an expert in a variety of tools including Spark, Kubernetes, and Airflow.
– Passion and enthusiasm for helping customers improve their DataOps practices
– Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work across internal and external organizations
– Taking ownership of the technical sales cycle and ability to work large accounts
– Collaborating with sales and technical SMEs to develop and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
– Solutioning and architecting the customers vision using Databand’s platform
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
– 3+ years in technical software presales, design architecture and/or implementation experience
– Intermediate/advanced knowledge in the areas of big data, data engineering, distributed systems (Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes)
– Great communication skills, capable of describing the value of complex technical concepts
– Deal management skills
– Experience with Python is a must, experience with Java is a plus
– Experience with cloud systems like AWS, GCP, Azure
– Experience with production data systems (big data/ML) is a plus
Databand’s mission is to empower companies to create trusted, reliable data. We do this by helping organizations gain total visibility over their Data Operations (DataOps) with a monitoring solution specialized for data infrastructure. Through instant integrations, Databand collects, organizes, and presents users information about their pipelines so that it’s easy to proactively find errors and zero-in on the cause. We’re saving organizations countless hours in troubleshooting time and helping our clients, including startups and enterprises, earn millions from more effective data products. Databand is venture-backed and has a strong customer base.