Senior Core Python Engineer
We are looking for an experienced python engineer to join the Databand team (The Band). As a core engineer you will build our state of the art SDK for fellow data engineers. You’ll get to get your hands dirty with all the latest technologies, understand them and think of creative ways to report data to our data management system.
Our customers are engineers themselves, and we believe it takes great engineers to build solutions FOR engineers.
- Design and develop a zero integration lightweight tracker to collect monitoring data from our user code.
- Build our core tracking framework and SDK.
- Integrate and learn on all latest technologies, execution engines and DB such as Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Kubernetes and more.
- Leverage your creative mind and think of new ways to collect and report data from our client ecosystem.
- Use your engineering skills to develop an SDK used by data engineers around the world.
- Own execution end to end, from product kickoff to fully working feature.
- Onboard and mentor new members of the team as the team grows.
- Get things done – think outside the box and find creative solutions to tough technical problems
- 5+ Years as a software engineer in python or Java.
- Proficiency in the python ecosystem. Pip, wheel, setuptools, pdb and etc’.
- In-depth knowledge in Unix, Networking, Operating Systems and infrastructure tools.
- Great understanding of Cloud native technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps tools.
- Track record of delivering customer facing features in large-scale production systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in instrumentation tools, agents or writing SDKs – big plus
Databand’s mission is to empower companies to create trusted, reliable data. We do this by helping organizations gain total visibility over their Data Operations (DataOps) with a monitoring solution specialized for data infrastructure. Through instant integrations, Databand collects, organizes, and presents users information about their pipelines so that it’s easy to proactively find errors and zero-in on the cause. We’re saving organizations countless hours in troubleshooting time and helping our clients, including startups and enterprises, earn millions from more effective data products. Databand is venture-backed and has a strong customer base.