Data engineer – Kyiv
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to join our team and help empower fellow data engineers. We are looking for someone who wants to change the future of data engineering and influence how other data engineers will experience Databand’s platform. As a data engineer in Databand, you will act as an on-site client for our platform team and build pipelines using the latest technologies available on market. You’ll be expected to get your hands dirty in all the technologies available from Open source python & airflow to enterprise-level Spark and Hadoop clusters.
- Building complex pipelines aimed to process Large data sets using a variety of orchestration tools (such as Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban and etc’). Load and extract data from a variety of data sources such as S3, API, snowflake, Redshift, Presto, and etc’.
- Oversee the design, building, and launching of new data science models and data pipelines in production.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in order to understand their data engineering needs, implement it in your pipeline, and convey it to the engineering teams.
- Own Databand’s internal pipelines, demo environments, and staging environments pipelines and data quality.
- 3+ years of experience in designing database models and working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, Elastichsearch, Presto, Spark.
- 3+ of writing ETLs in OOP languages such as Python or Java
- Good knowledge in at least one orchestration platform such as Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban, Oozie, or others.
- Mastering SQL including complex queries
- Solid knowledge of container orchestration tools Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud platforms.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and use them in production.
- Getting things done – solve problems in a creative way with a startup mentality to empower fellow engineers.
Databand’s mission is to empower companies to create trusted, reliable data. We do this by helping organizations gain total visibility over their Data Operations (DataOps) with a monitoring solution specialized for data infrastructure. Through instant integrations, Databand collects, organizes, and presents users information about their pipelines so that it’s easy to proactively find errors and zero-in on the cause. We’re saving organizations countless hours in troubleshooting time and helping our clients, including startups and enterprises, earn millions from more effective data products. Databand is venture-backed and has a strong customer base.